This spare rib recipe is delicious, with BBQ sauce made from scratch and popped into the oven….the aroma that travels through the house makes my mouth water. Yes, it’s that good!
I got this recipe from my husband’s great aunt after she made it for us when we were visiting her in Sherwood Park, Alberta. I am so thankful she was willing to share, but I don’t make it as often as I want to. But when I do, I totally pig out!
- 3-4 lbs spare ribs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ribs in frying pan. Transfer to baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, add onion, ketchup, white and brown sugars, pepper, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and water. Heat up to a boil, stirring often.
- Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Pour sauce over ribs, cover and bake for 1 3/4 hours.
- Remove lid and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Bon appetite!