This caramel popcorn recipe is so easy to make, and doesn’t last long when sharing. I like to give this out in a sealed bag or container when I am handing out my Christmas baking. This is a hit when it goes to work with me to. Always seems to be a favourite!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raw popcorn
- Pop your corn! (I like my whirley-pop stovetop popper)
- In large pot, melt butter. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour slowly over popped corn. Mix well. That’s it if you want the gooey!
- If you want baked…simply bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Equally as delicious!