This homemade apple crisp is one of my husband’s favourite treat to help warm him up. The recipe is so easy and if you follow my simple instructions, this apple crisp will find a place in your heart (and stomach) as well!
We enjoy ours warm, with a nice helping of vanilla ice cream. How will you have yours?
- 4 cups apples (I like the taste of McIntosh’s)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into deep baking dish. Drizzle the lemon juice on the apples and stir.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add melted butter to dry ingredients and combine well until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture over apples evenly.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.