I got this scrambled egg recipe from a grandmother, who lived her life trying to make her resources go a bit further, and last a bit longer. Even if it’s as simple as adding flour to your basic scrambled eggs to feed a few extra mouths. Well this recipe does just that, and I hope you try this mennonite scrambled egg recipe with your family and enjoy it.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and place on medium-high heat.
- In a medium sized bowl, add all ingredients.
- With an electric mixer, mix on high speed, scraping the sides of the bowl, until the flour chunks are pretty much not there at all. This might take a few minutes.
- Pour into hot pan and cover with lid.
- After two or three minutes, flip mixture around using a spatula, so the uncooked parts slide to the bottom of the pan. Cover again.
- After another minute, flip around again to get any slimy pieces cooked.
- Serve immediately and hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I do!