I love baking, but a no-bake dessert can sometimes be even more delicious.
For example, my mother-in-law’s flapper pie, my peanut butter cheesecake (oh, I should make that today!), my co-worker Yvonne’s cheesecake, cuban lunch bites, caramel popcorn. Let me share these with you so you can enjoy too!
This is an on the go project, so I will be adding pictures and more recipes as I work through my recipe cards.
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1 tub cool whip (I don’t actually like to use the whole tub, but I like my cheesecake a bit thicker)
- 1 block cream cheese (250 g)
- 2/3 cup graham or oreo crumbs (I prefer the oreo crumbs)
- 2 Tbsp margarine
- Melt margarine and add to crumbs. Mix well.
- Press into an 8×8 pan.
- Whip cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add icing sugar and cool whip. Mix well.
- Scrape filling onto crust.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
I like to top with fresh cut strawberries, but you can eat as-is, use your favourite pie filling (cherry, for example), or any type of fruit would work I guess. This is so easy, and well worth it.
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chippits
- 1 package peanut butter chippits
- 1 package butterscotch chippits
- 2 cups crushed peanuts
- 2 cups crushed ripple chips
- Place the chippits in a medium to large bowl. Melt the chippits in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring about the minute mark.
- Add the crushed peanuts and ripple chips to the chippits.
- Stir well.
- Spoon into small paper cups and refrigerate.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raw popcorn
- Pop your corn! (I like my whirley-pop stovetop popper)
- In large pot, melt butter. Mix in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour slowly over popped corn. Mix well. That’s it if you want the gooey!
- If you want baked…simply bake at 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Equally as delicious!