Our oldest son wanted to learn how to make french toast for supper, the way I make it…the tasty kind. So, lucky you, I will share it with you too!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 6 pieces of bread
- Place frying pan on medium-high heat. Spray a light layer of cooking spray onto surface.
- Crack eggs into shallow bowl.
- Add milk, cinnamon and sugar.
- Whisk thoroughly until egg whites are well combined into the mixture.
- Dip each piece of bread into egg wash, coating the top and bottom (If you let the bread sit in the egg wash for any length of time, the french toast could become soggy and will take longer to cook).
- Place onto heated pan for 3-4 minutes, until bottom is browned to your liking.
- With a flipper….well, flip the piece of bread so the other side is nicely browned too (This side should only take 2-3 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with your favourite topping(s).
I like my french toast with a bit of butter and syrup. My kids like to also add some sprinkles of icing sugar too. Fruit or jam would also taste fabulous. Or even whipped cream. Whatever you choose, it will surely be delightful!
I use a square frying pan that I found and love, mostly because I can cook four pancakes or pieces of french toast at a time, instead of one or two with the round ones. You can look around to get one of your own if you want one, or you can get this one from Amazon.ca by clicking here.