This ginger snap cookie recipe is the best one I have come across and happens to be a sacred family recipe. Well maybe only sacred to me, but anybody who tries these always asks for more (and the recipe). The aromas and ingredients, the warmth….it’s to die for! I hope you enjoy making them as much as I do.
Wishart Ginger Snap Cookies
I found this recipe in an old, old red duotang in my mother-in-law’s “stuff” after she passed away. Lots of great recipes, and this is one of my favourites.
- 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening (aka margarine) and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well. Add molasses.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Roll into 1” balls and dip tops into small bowl of sugar.
- Bake on parchment lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes (I like to bake mine for 8-9 minutes, but I like them chewy).
- Allow to sit on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Bon Appetite!